I thought I’d break from the norm of our typical “how-to” blog post this week to tell you about an experience I had last week at the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Small Business Conference.
If you have any involvement in marketing (and maybe even if you don’t) you’ll have heard of the CIM. For over 100 years, they have been supporting, developing and representing marketers, teams, leaders and the marketing profession as a whole. They are in fact, the largest professional marketing body in the world and so you can imagine, the calibre (in the most part) of the speakers on the stage was pretty high and some of the talks that were given, were truly exceptional.
But there was one particular speaker that really stood out…
…and not for the right reasons
The majority of speakers delivered some great key messages to help small business marketers make the right choices around how to get things done… pointers such as:
- Make sure your website answers the question “why should I choose you?”
- Always market with the decision maker in mind above that of the user of your product
- Use stories to convey the value of your offering
- Create an ‘advantage’ for each product or service you sell
- Don’t forget the small details — they make all the difference
- Marry your sales and marketing strategies together to be more productive
This particular speaker however, had no interest in offering advice — only to sell the services of the company she worked for in a 30 minute sales pitch (let’s call the company ‘Marketing Magic’ for the sake of keeping anonymity). With the price of a ticket sitting at a princely £75, you can imagine that a 30 minute sales pitch did not go down particularly well with the audience.
But it did with me and here’s why…
Marketing Magic’s offering was an outsourced Marketing Director service. The speaker initially built the business case by stating that a typical Marketing Manager might earn around £40k per year and once you add on office space, mobile phone, a laptop a company car and all of the other expenses — it would cost an organisation around £80k to employ a full time Marketing Manager and this was quite a stretch for many small and mid-sized organisations.
The solution from Marketing Magic to save money, was to outsource your marketing to a Marketing Director from their organisation for just 2 days per week at a cost of £60k per year. YES — that’s correct. Their solution was to take on a much more expensive marketing manager for less than half of the time that you really needed them in your business.
I was ASTOUNDED to say the least and it made me realise that here at businesshands, we need to shout louder about what we do, to make sure organisations likes yours understand that there are far better options available to fulfil your outsourcing marketing requirements.
How about an entire marketing department from just £1,295 per month or £15,540 per year?
Yes, that’s right. Here at businesshands, we can give you access to an entire marketing department from just £1,295 per month. Here are the skills sets and expertise available to you 5 days per week (and in some cases 7 day per week) with our amazing service.
- Marketing Director with real strategic insight. Able to understand your organisational objectives and work to define and implement a winning strategic marketing plan.
- A social media expert — adept at creating inspiring posts. Someone who actively engages with and nurtures your on-line community to deliver real value to your organisation.
- A content expert / a copy writer / a blogger. Someone to research and deliver passionate and engaging pieces to help grow brand awareness, increase website traffic and drive audience engagement.
- An email marketing professional. Someone to produce and deliver regular, top quality email content that defines your brand and calls your target audience to action.
- A dedicated SEO expert who will help your organisation rise up the ranks of the world’s favourite search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing with your own personalised search engine optimisation strategy.
And you can get access to all of this for less than the salary of a marketing assistant*
So my message is simple. If you are in any way looking to expand your in-house marketing skills and expertise, come and speak to us. Whether you have £15k or £150k per year to spend — there is no need to compromise. Outsource your marketing to us and we guarantee to deliver more than the equivalent cost of a salary ever could in-house (and don’t forget – if you employ someone in-house, you still need to give them a marketing budget to do their job. That’s one more expense).
So get the marketing capabilities and expertise of an organisation with 10 x your budget and contact us now on 0207 458 4788. It will be one of the smartest strategic moves your organisation will ever make.
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to read this post . We’d really appreciate it if you would hit the share links below and help us spread the word… and of course we’d appreciate it even more if you gave us a call to chat about our services.
*Prices start at £1,295 per month and are entirely dependent upon your organisation’s needs. The exact pricing to outsource your marketing can be confirmed upon confirmation of your requirements.